Faculty of Medicine Resources
EDI Resources at the Faculty of Medicine
We encourage you to get to know these programs better and reach out if they can help you in any way. If you know of other programs that are not listed here, please let us know.
OFFICES & ASSOCIATIONS
- Office of Inclusion and Diversity: The Faculty of Medicine has a well-established office with many initiatives, resources, and programs.
- Office of Indigenous Medical Education: The office provides support to Indigenous students and is involved in initiatives through out the medical school, and university-wide.
- Black Medical Student Association: The BMSA encourages minority students to pursue a career in medicine through outreach and community building.
- Antiracism and Cultural Diversity Office: The ARCO focuses on education programming, complaint resolution, strategy, and community outreach.
- Sexual & Gender Diversity Office: The SGDO develops partnerships and challenges discrimination on U of T campus.
- Accessibility Services: The office provides temporary and ongoing support for learning, problem solving and inclusion.
- Family Care Office: The FCO supports family life through social, educational, personal care, and concierge services.
FEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- AAMC’s MCAT Fee Assistance Program: The BMSA encourages minority students to pursue a career in medicine through outreach and community building.
- Community Safety Office: The CSO offers assistance in personal safety concerns such as harassment, bullying, intimate partner violence, family violence, and workplace conflict.
- Graduate Conflict Resolution Centre: The Grad CRC can help with the prevention, management, and resolution of graduate school conflicts.