Kergin Lecture- University Rounds
The Department of Surgery and the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at the University of Toronto invite you to the 2023 Kergin Lecture, as part of the University Rounds.
Title: "Being Part of Something Big: Being Environmentally Sustainable"
Speaker: Forbes McGain, FANZCA, FCICM, PhD, Anaesthetist and Intensive Care Physician, Associate Dean, Sustainable Healthcare, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne
Moderator: Husein Moloo, MD, MSc, MPH, FRCSC, Director (interim) Planetary Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa
Date &Time: February 3 at 7:30 am
- In-person at Mount Sinai Hospital Auditorium (18th floor)
- Online (registration required): https://ejsestudio.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_v2BBURZYTn6S195arsRHjA
- To educate the audience (surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, administrators, et al) about the basics of unsustainable practices, including within healthcare.
- To learn what is happening in the field of healthcare sustainability.
- To consider ways to head down the path of sustainability in the operating room, the critical care unit, and beyond.
- To become involved in local and international research and translation towards low carbon/environmentally sound healthcare whilst continuing to provide excellent patient care.